The accounting technician is responsible for carrying out all the daily accounting activities of a Quebec company in the cultural sector, including the corporate group with operations in Quebec and abroad.
More specifically, you will have to:
- Perform the complete accounting cycle: bookkeeping, accounts payable and receivable management, cheque issuance and cashing
- Accounting for inter-company expenses (Canadian and international)
- Produce payroll and keep employee records up to date (vacation, records of employment)
- Prepare government remittances DAS, GST, QST
- Perform bank reconciliations in various currencies
- Prepare international bank transfers
- Produce periodic, quarterly and annual financial reports
- Monitor against monthly and annual budgets
- Ensure the classification of financial archives
- Continuous improvement of accounting tools and procedures
- All other tasks related to the company’s context
- College or university degree in accounting
- 5 years’ experience in a similar position with payroll production
- Experience in the event or cultural field (asset)
- Knowledge of Sage 50 software and Microsoft Office suite
- Fluency in French and English both orally and in writting
- Integrity, rigour, professionalism and commitment
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, priority management with strong analytical and synthesis skills
- High autonomy with a sense of organization and close follow-up
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines in a rapidly changing environment
- Openness and adaptation to change with very good stress management
- Customer service concerns and ability to quickly resolve problematic situations
- Employee Status: Permanent
- Work schedule: 4 days a week (32 hours)
- Salary: To be negotiated based on experience and skills
- Share workspace, allowing swift and simple communication with colleagues
You are interested by this challenge and you have the required qualifications?
Send us your letter of intent and resume via the form below.
Looking forward to make you live the Samajam experience!
Only selected candidates will be contacted. The sole purpose of using the masculine is to lighten the text.